3 Story Media owner Gillian Drummond developed a love for communication whilst studying linguistics at the University of Edinburgh, where she was also an award-winning editor of the student newspaper.
After graduating she worked on a number of business-to-business magazines in the U.K. She spent time as a freelance consumer affairs correspondent for British national newspapers and magazines before being headhunted by consumer group IPC Magazines (now part of Time Inc). After 9 years working as a journalist in London she moved to Tucson, Arizona where she has established herself as a writer, editor and communications expert.
During her 17 years here she has written for and broadcast with a number of media outlets, developing strong media contacts in Southern Arizona and beyond. Her varied journalism background ensures that she brings a mix of hard news, feature writing and business know-how to every project, helping clients find a voice and convey a clear, strong and appropriate message.
Turning facts, figures, products and people into brilliant content is Gillian’s forte. She is just as comfortable deciphering a research paper as conducting a one-on-one interview for a human interest story. Her own award-winning online publication 3 Story Magazine established itself as a go-to for design, style and arts news.
Post Script: Gillian now lives and work back in the U.K. If you need to get in touch, email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Edinburgh University, 1985-1989: MA (Hons) Linguistics
- Graduate Conversion Course in Journalism, Reed Business Publishing, 1989
- Reporter and section editor on a range of magazine titles, Reed Business Publishing, part of Reed Elsevier, 1989-1995. Titles included Caterer & Hotelkeeper, Personnel Today and SuperMarketing.
- Freelance consumer affairs correspondent, U.K. newspapers and magazines, 1995-1997. Titles included The Scotsman, Sunday Times Scotland, Prima, Marketing and SuperMarketing.
- Assistant editor and features editor, Family Circle, IPC Magazines 1997-1998
- Freelance writer/editor based in Tucson, Arizona, 1998 to present. Titles include The Guardian, eve, British Airways’ High Life, Arizona Daily Star, Tucson Lifestyle, Caterer & Hotelkeeper, Marketing.
- Editor/publisher of 3 Story Magazine, 2012 to present.
- Owner of 3 Story Media LLC, 2013 to 2016.
- P.R. Executive at Volpa, 2016 to present.
Freelance writing credits include:
Tucson Lifestyle, Zocalo, Tucson Lifestyle Home & Garden, The Guardian, The Arizona Daily Star, Inside Tucson Business, The Express, The Scotsman, Sunday Times Scotland, The Telegraph, British Airways’ High Life, Caterer & Hotelkeeper, Marketing, eve, Prima, Family Circle, Ladies’ Home Journal. Gillian’s work has also been syndicated worldwide.
Photos by James Haliburton